Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Familiarity


My days have been rather confusing as of late, so today I decided to take a walk down the path I usually take - to work, to classes, to the city. I guess I was trying to seek that feeling of familiarity because I wanted to get away from the unfathomable series of strange emotions, whatever they are, that I have been experiencing. I brought along my camera and took photos of the familiar buildings, junctions, and pedestrian crossing lanes, so I can remember better. Also, because I have missed taking photos using a real camera (been using my iPhone as the substitute).











If any of you curious souls out there are wondering what do I wake up to and how does my neighbourhood look like here in Melbourne, the photos above would be a good help to your imagination.


I like walking alone here. Like I genuinely enjoy walking alone here. It gives me clarity and a sense of reassurance. It also reminds me of the important things I sometimes forget. Today I am reminded that:

1. Patience is truly a virtue.
2. Never give in to anger and rage.
3. There is always beauty if you know where to look at.
4. Remember people's kindness.
5. I am enough. Albeit flawed, I am whole. I am enough.


My goodness, I will terribly miss this city.



Love,
Filzah R.





4 comments:

  1. I love this post (and your blog)! It makes me miss Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii! Thank you for reading and Melbourne isn't a city you can forget, I'm sure I will miss it when I'm back xx

      Delete