Sunday, April 30, 2017

At least my heart is

As ridiculous as this may sound, your heart is capable of feeling emotions and missing things and people and places and memories far more than it should - well, at least my heart is.

The past week has been a week of reflection and recalibration and a reminder on how important it is to take (better) care of myself. It is also a reminder that it is completely possible to care for others and  for yourself both at the same time. I guess I forgot that. But that is okay, sometimes it takes forgetting to remember - yes, sometimes (most of the time) life works in funny ways.

I have missed writing. 

I am not sure why it is taking me this long to get back on here and just...write and I feel like I am about to come up with excuses as to why I have not been writing so let's just stop there.

Anyway.

I asked a few friends some questions on missing someone or anyone, and like many other human beings who seek reassurance, I knew the answer to my questions before I asked them out loud yet I still asked them. First question - is it possible to miss someone/some places/some memories/anything so much your heart feels like it is going to burst because you can't do anything about it? Second question - if you stop saying it out loud that you miss that someone/some places/some memories/anything will you eventually stop missing them? 

Oh well.

Anyway.

Life has been busy and I have always liked being busy. I never know how to deal with idleness - I am always out there, doing things and trying my best to make things happen - but hey sometimes life teaches you things and sometimes these things change you. So I am learning to deal with things I never knew how to, and if there were any advices I could offer, it would be to embrace it all with patience. 


I have missed writing. Maybe I should write about how for the longest time my heart has not fluttered the way it does (not quite) recently, but that is a story for another day.




Till then.



Love,
Filzah R.


No comments:

Post a Comment